Tuesday, March 11, 2014

On Needing Friends.

There was a time in my life when I truly believed that one couldn't survive without friends. That a person, no matter how strong, needed someone to lean on. Someone that acts as a boulder in hard times. A shining beacon of light in the darkness.

But I have changed a lot in the past couple of years. I have experienced too many things regarding trust and friendship . I don't want to act like the protagonist of some fictional novel who experiences unimaginable stuff that changes her. I don't even want to pretend like I know what the people who are twice my age have been through but I am not an innocent, no matter my age.

My concept of having friends or 'needing' them has totally changed. I think that everyone should have a few friends who they can trust and count on. But it does not necessarily mean that you 'need' these friends to do something extraordinary in life. Sure, you need to have the support and love they give and give it to them if they need it but you can achieve brilliance and whatever you want just by your own hard work.

Good friends are hard to find but we get our hearts broken and our trust crushed in the process. My advice, treasure the best friend you have but make sure they are someone who deserve your trust and love. Not someone who is using you, even if they are unaware of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment