Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Books that make me cry...

Not every book makes me cry. And its not necessary for a good book to be able to make me cry. For example Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare has made me shed buckets of tears and its not even one of the most amazing books. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak on the other hand might be my most favorite book. Ever. However, it hasn't made me cry. I've teared up many times while reading it, but haven't shed a single tear. What I'm trying to say is that I have a special place in my heart for books that have made me cry. Reason being that the words are so powerful that they've moved me to tears. Basically grabbed my heart and crushed it to pieces. Leaving me to scramble around to recover them. There are books that I've read that have literally changed me. I've been in a kind of drug induced stupor for days. Just thinking. And absorbing the effect of that book. I admire those people who have the ability to make you vulnerable enough to cry through something they've written. I admire them. Truly.

No comments:

Post a Comment